Here are some tips fro PLAB preparation in India. Depending upon your own planning and pace, you have to prepare for the PLAB in India but we at Mendel Academy will ask the students to remember these points during the PLAB exam preparation.
Take 45 days of the total duration to prepare with the below-mentioned:
Get yourself engaged in the related groups for preparation of PLAB
If you have queries or clarifications and even if you have no response to your query on posing it, you can always check in the discussion section of the related group, where they would have already had a discussion about the very question you are having now years back. This can help you with more clear understanding.
Download Qbank along with the other related materials
Apart from joining the related groups, you can also download the Qbank which can help you with your PLAB preparation in India. Also download two or three related materials to refer simultaneously which can assist you in a better way to grasp good scores.
Setting a target of questions per day
The number of days you are taking for the preparation proportionally depends on far you are ready to appear for the exam. You are strongly recommended going through the qbanks at least twice to help you answer the questions appropriately at the time of the PLAB examination.
Read also: You may also be interested in USMLE preparation for Indian students.
Mark the questions for reviewing
This one simple habit will save the consumption of your time when your hours of going through easy questions can help you by reviewing it later for the second time.
Take small breaks if you feel stressed
When you are tired or stressed out, relax for some time and then solve the questions. Sometimes, you can also utilize that break in reading notes or refer to a few important topics in the reference books to save time.
Look up for the references
Don’t stick or rely completely on the key or explanation given in the qbank 100%. If you are slightly unsure, do not hesitate to look into other reference books like oxford handbooks.
Keep reviewing your marked questions
You have to keep reviewing the marked questions about what you got wrong first, because it is the best way to get prepared by revising it at a stretch.
Attempt more mock tests
You should try to assess yourself at the end of your PLAB preparation. Take as many mock tests as you can by putting yourself in an exam hall scenario, set a timing for yourself and attempt the tests accordingly.
It’s really not that tough for the PLAB preparation in India as the syllabus for PLAB is not extensive. If you can implement all the resources available hat is there for free, then success is sure to come if your preparation is effective.
Key points to note for the PLAB preparation in India
- You have to understand the queries and answers from the qbanks and also analyse why other options are incorrect.
- Don’t be in a rush during the PLAB preparation like simply trying to memorize the answers.
- Create a timeline within yourself where you can delicately answer the number of questions per day, etc. and plan accordingly.
- Allow time for adequately reviewing the reference books before the exam, and ensure to use it frequently for further clarification.
- Manage your time by attempting the mock tests continuously right before the exam by setting the timer which can surely help you to crack the desired results.
- Don’t revise by walking on a windy path. These come with distractions – the bends lead you to other directions. Make some targets on a straight road and stick to them.